We are currently seeking a highly driven Commodity Broker to join our team. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic sector.
A career in Agri-commodity trading puts you in the center of international commerce. Agricultural commodities — raw products such as cotton, corn, coffee, grains and sugar — find their way from growers to processors, manufacturers and distributors worldwide through direct physical trades. Investors, often speculators, also buy and sell futures contracts of Agri-commodities on exchange markets such as the Chicago Board of Trade. Whether you work as a merchandiser or a broker, you spend your days keeping pace with market developments, making deals and managing risk.
Agri-commodity brokers deal mainly with futures contracts. These contracts outline the quantity, future delivery time and delivery location for a specific commodity purchase at a price set when the agreement is made. Some of their clients trade as speculators, betting on price increases, while others hedge against price drops. Brokers stay current with market conditions to identify opportunities and maintain strong customer relations.
Key Accountabilities –
· Execute and monitor trading strategies for customers based on speculative and hedged positions.
· Develop a book of business through calling leads provided.
· Present industry outlooks to bank/potential client meetings
· Track industry trends and analyze customer and competitor activity
· Contribute to developing and implementing sales strategies, identifying potential customers, and fostering existing customer relationships.
· You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues
· Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Finance, Agri-Business, Insurance preferred) or equivalent experience
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Open to travel
Please email resume to:
Mike Lung, Director of Brokerage